Quality American is NOT dead
There is no way that you could ask for a more competent install team. Stan Huck is an artisan when it comes to installing and trimming out the walk-in tub. His lovely wife is a help-mate devoted to the job at hand and she leaves the bathroom as clean and pristine as when she arrived. Job completed in 6 hours. There personable demeanor and ability to explain and answer all questions was over-the-top. In this day and age.........they are two-in-a-million.
Pros & Cons
We love our tub!
We love ours tub. They now have a smaller handle. If we have any problems, they come right out.
Very happy with my tub! At times I wonder what is really behind these other postings?
It's interesting to follow some of the comments here, so I still drop in to see the comments!
1) My representative made it clear, before the sale, that the lifetime guarantee was for the original owner, and what it covered. I cannot speak for every rep, obviously. It seems reasonable to me, since a tub won't last 10 lifetimes.
2) In case of fire, opening the door to drain the water onto the floor does not seem like such a bad idea. And if there is a worry about water damage, I suspect that fire damage would eclipse that concern. If the emergency is for a "nature calling" concern, then that is indeed a problem that cannot be alleviated by ANY walk-in tub, unless you are athletic enough to climb out safely. It is best to take care of certain things before sitting down in the tub.
As I see the various complaints, at times I wonder what is really behind the postings. Still very happy with my product!
Pros & Cons
Easy to Use
We Love Our Safe Step Tub!
We live in Indiana. We purchased our SafeStep tub in February of 2015. After using it for 6 months now, my husband and I can only say we love our tub!
We can only say this about SafeStep company.
1) The sales rep was NOT pushy!
2) The installers were very professional. They had the tub installed in 6 hours. They had to take our bathroom door off. They had to remove the toilet stool. They cleaned up after themselves.
3) The first time we used the tub we noticed a leak. We called the company and they immediately came to the house. They discovered the leak was a problem that was our fault. Even though the leak was not caused by them, they quickly fixed the leak and DID NOT CHARGE us.
4) It takes approximately 10-13 minutes to fill our tub and 7 minutes to drain it.
5) Since my husband has back problems he likes the jets on his back stronger than I do. All I have to do is adjust them.
6) Do we have any complaints? Since I cannot get the jets to hit my neck and I have Arthritis.
My question is: If we put a new shower head on the tub that would have different types of controls (I could hold the shower head on my neck), would it affect our warranty or would we have to have SafeStep come and install it?
Pros & Cons
Very professional installation
Quick warranty repair
Quick to drain and fill tub
I am very grateful for this tub and how it helped my mother!
My mother moved in with me when she was 92 years old five years ago. I paid $13,000 to have a Safe Step 5tub installed. It was the only way she could enjoy a bath even in her last year when she had a caregiver. She has been gone three months now and I don't care about what the tub cost or if it might need repairs one day or if it is good or bad for the resale value of the house. I am grateful my mother was able to have a normal bath and maintain her dignity in her last years!!!
Pros & Cons
Allows you to maintain your dignity
Saves cost of caregiver having to give baths