There are many Android apps available through the Google play store on your Android device, but what about android apps for seniors? Seniors can download a variety of apps that will make navigation much easier. Some apps are designed specifically with large fonts for people with vision problems.
There are other apps on the market that make it easier for seniors to access their medical records, and manage their medications. These apps create convenience for seniors with easy organization, and easy access to important files, and documents.
The top ten apps for seniors promote convenience, learning, and entertainment. There are game apps available for download that can enhance brain function, social interactions, and communication. Many of these apps are free, and some offer free demos, or trials with a one-time fee.
- Big Launcher: An app for people with vision problems. Ideal for children, seniors, and the legally blind. Features a simple Android interface with an SOS button. Pick your theme, choose your features, and manage shortcuts. Available at www.biglauncher.com.
- Blood Pressure DB: Easily record your blood pressure with this free Android App. Blood pressure charts available. You can manage your blood pressure from your smart phone, or computer. Available at www.bloodpressuredb.com.
- My Life Record: This app keeps track of all medical records including medications, charts, imaging, lab results, and more. You can add notes to your medical records, and keep track of your doctors with this app. Available at www.myliferecord.com.
- Big Digital Clock: This app is available in the Google play store. It is a large digital clock that allows you customize your font, color, and background.
- Med Watcher: This app tracks side effects of vaccines, drugs, and other medical devices through social media, and other user reports. Available at www.medwatcher.org.
- Words with Friends: This app is a game, similar to scrabble, that can be played with friends via Facebook, etc. Ideal for brain stimulation. Available at www.wordswithfriends.com.
- Remember the Milk: This free app is a to-do-list for your smart phone. Create, and manage your daily to-do lists, and set important reminders. Available at www.rememberthemilk.com.
- Dragon Dictation: This app creates hands free texting, e-mailing, status updates, incoming calls, and more. Features voice-dictation replies. Available at www.dragonmobileapps.com.
- Eye Reader: This app is a PDF reader that allows you to tilt your smart phone up and down to scroll pages. No swiping is needed to scroll through documents. Available at www.eyereader.net.
- Facebook: This app allows you to create, and manage your social networking profile. View and post status updates, photos, videos, links, and more. Connect with your friends, and loved ones. Browse businesses for coupons, promotions, and other discounts. Available at www.facebook.com.
(Photo Credit: Big Launcher)