Memory Care Topics
Can coconut oil really boost brain performance, and function? Certain studies show how coconut oil may help with memory loss. Coconut oil has been recognized for its healthy essentials known to promote circulatory health, weight control, and aging.
In 2004, a study took place with 20 Alzheimer's patients. These patients were given coconut oil on random days, and were evaluated individually shortly after taking each dose. Some of these patients had improved scoring on an Alzheimer's cognitive scale, and all patients recalled paragraphs better.
The results of coconut oil were immediate. This was a short-term study that revealed cognitive improvement with every dose of coconut oil in all 20 test subjects.
How does it work?
- Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT), which are metabolized by the liver easily.
- The liver produces ketone bodies that replace glucose as metabolic fuel.
- Aging causes a reduction in the ability to metabolize glucose for energy.
- MCT created ketones are used as cellular fuel in the brain when glucose is not available.
Coconut Oil vs. Medication
Coconut oil has become the memory loss medication of choice because of the incredible improvements with Alzheimer's, and dementia patients. Patients who have started taking coconut oil have made remarkable comebacks.
Dementia patients who were so bad off they could not even perform tasks such as performing daily functions, or drawing a picture have improved to the point of remembering people, events, tasks, and performing daily duties.
There are many debates over coconut oil versus medication, but prescription and over-the-counter medications are one of the biggest risks for memory loss. If medications promote memory loss, then why are they prescribed to patients suffering from memory loss?
What Conditions does Coconut Oil Improve?
Brain Disease, Heart Disease, Thyroid Disease, Immune Function, Cancer, HIV, Obesity
Coconut Oil Dosage Information for Memory Loss
- Search for “Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil” (will be in a solid form unless in a warm environment).
- Throw out all other oils except for extra virgin olive oil. Keep it around for low-heat cooking.
- Replace your usual fats (butter, margarine, oils) with coconut oil, and add 2 extra teaspoons in the morning.
- Gradually increase your dosage (weekly, or bi-weekly) for a total of 4 or 5 tablespoons daily is tolerated without loose stools.
Coconut oil provides many positive health benefits for people of all ages, and types. If you are suffering from memory loss, you may want to consider adding coconut oil to your diet. Even in the most severe conditions, coconut oil has been proven to reverse memory loss from all different types of dementia.